Pointing your Custom URL to your Placester Site
If you have a custom URL you want to use for your Placester site, you can substitute it for your standard placester.net web address. To do so, you’ll need to log into your DNS management platform and change the A-Record and the CName. These can usually be found within the Domain Name Systems (DNS) section.
The A-Record should point to: 184.108.40.206
The CName should point to: domains.myrealestateplatform.com
Once you’ve completed these settings, you can
1. Log into your Placester account
2. Select the Website Settings tab
3. Under Website Settings, select Domains
4. Enter your Custom URL here. Use only lowercase letters, and be sure to include “www” when adding in your URL. Example: www.customurl.com
5. Click Save, and you’re all set!
As always, if you have any questions or run into any issues along the way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
Note: Don’t have a Custom URL yet? We recommend purchasing from sites such as GoDaddy.com and Hover.com, which offer simple DNS management tools. If you’re looking for some tips while picking a Custom URL, check out our Guide to Choosing the Right Real Estate Domain.