Creating a website is quick and simple with Placester. All Placester websites are powered by WordPress and are easy to customize with an unlimited number of pages, blog posts, menus, and listings. Here’s a step by step guide about how to create a website. If you’ve already created a website, check out the getting started guide for getting your website set up.
Creating a Website
- First, log in to your Placester account. (Check out this guide if you need help logging into your account)
- Once logged into your account, click the orange “Start Marketing” button. Here’s a screenshot:
- Next, Click the “Create a website” option in the dialog box that appears. It looks like this:
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter some information about the website you’d like to create. All of the options, except the subdomain option, can be changed after the site is created. Here’s a description of each of the website options:
- Title – this is the name of your website as it appears on the website as well as as it will appear in search engines like Google
- Subdomain – The url of your website on placester.net. For example, if your subdomain is johnsmithrealty, then your website will be located at johnsmithrealty.placester.net. Note: your subdomain is different from your “domain” and will not effect your ability to connect your website with any domain name that you’ve purchased.
- Domain – The domain name that you want to use with your website. Please note: you’ll need to purchase your domain name separately as well as set up the domain name with your domain name provider, to connect it with your Placester real estate website. Please look at this guide to learn more about how to map your domain.
It is recommended that you leave your Domain blank, even if you have already purchased a custom URL, and come back the the guide above to set up your custom domain at a later time.
- Filters – Filters allow your website to only display real estate from specific areas or of specific types. Please check out the guide on global filters for more information.
- Once you have completed the form, click the “Create” button which is highlighted in red in the image below.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com!